Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Nana Karen











Nana Karen came to visit in October and we all loved having her here. Owen had another head of hair to play with and undivided attention which he took full advantage of - we're still recovering from not having 24 hour Nana-access. We mostly stuck around home and played with blocks, trucks and read books. Owen was so sad to have Nana leave and cried after we dropped her off at the airport. For several days he would tell me "no happy Mamma" and when I asked why his reply was "Nana my house...no Nana my house" and we would snuggle and talk about how much we loved Nana. What I'm amazed that he understands (at least what it seems like he fully understands) is that in a few weeks we will get on an airplane and fly out to see Nana Karen, Papa Ed, Fred, Cal and Uncle Stan and Aunt Jess. He told me in his own words the other day what we were going to do and how there are trucks waiting for him in Chicago! (so be prepared guys, we need trucks when we get there!)

1 comment:

Stan and Jess said...

oh we got 'em! Come play!