Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Owen!












Owen celebrated his 2nd birthday in laid back style with his buddy Brendan and his family over for birthday cookies. Grandma found some great vehicle shapes - airplanes, trucks, train and we rolled them out and then frosted them. Or so we thought. The pictures are now evidence that coloring that comes in little tubes is not, in fact, for piping color and defining the shape but should be mixed with a healthy amount of white frosting that needs to be colored. Poor Brendan had a joker-esque face going on while Owen's mouth just turned into a black hole. The stain came right out of clothes (unbelieveable) and yet lingered on my fingers for days.
Owen also got his first bike - a balance bike, from Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Byron. His first helmet didn't work out so well so we got him a new one that fits great - now we just need to practice wearing it! He likes his bike but it's still a bit big - his feet barely touch and he scoots about 1 inch at a time. I'm sure by spring he'll be coasting like a pro.


1 comment:

Stan and Jess said...

I heard about the frosting! Hilarious! I love his black hole of a mouth! I thought of you and your battle with the cement mixer the other night, as tonight Fred in an attempt to hide and jump out at daddy wacked his head into my face, giving me a really nice bloody nose. Awesome.